COMSOL Multiphysics® 5.1 Release Overview
Modeling and simulation is now a reality for everyone thanks to COMSOL Multiphysics® version 5.1. The Application Builder and COMSOL Server™ have both been dramatically improved to enhance the simulation experience for you – and even for your colleagues who do not have a background in simulation. Furthermore, COMSOL Multiphysics and its add-on modules have also been improved. Browse through the release highlights to find out what is new or download COMSOL version 5.1 to utilize the latest technology in simulations today.
Summary of Release Highlights:
Application Builder & COMSOL Server
- 20 demonstration apps from almost all modules.
- Tighter integration between the Model Builder and the Application Builder, including merging them into the one environment.
- Many improvements and new features for creating apps, including the ability to copy and paste between sessions.
- COMSOL Server can now run applications on multiple computers to spread computational loading.
- Open any model and application and perform basic postprocessing on them with any COMSOL license. If the model originally used one of the CAD-based products, then you will have to also have a license for this product.
- New Part Library with parameterized parts for easy inclusion in apps and models.
- Postprocessing evaluation and visualization outside the computational mesh's domain is possible for applications such as far-field calculations.
- Send emails when a computation is finished with a simulation report attached.
- Optical material library with 1,400 materials.
- Ray Heating and Bidirectional Ray-Thermal Multiphysics Couplings.
- Multi-turn coils with varying cross section in AC/DC applications.
- Field continuity for modeling ring resonators in wave optics.
- 14 new antenna models and apps in the RF Module.
- New multiphysics coupling for simulating structural hygroscopic swelling.
- Nonlinear materials for membranes and trusses.
- Algebraic turbulence models included in the Heat Transfer Module.
- Temperature-dependent surface tension (Marangoni effect).
- Predefined impedance boundary conditions for acoustics.
- Combined turbulent and porous media flow.
- Infinite elements for porous media flow.
- Turbulent Euler-Euler two-phase flow.
- New Y-junctions and n-way junctions in the Pipe Flow Module.
- Gas mixture viscosity correlation for concentrated gas mixtures.
- Dusty gas model in concentrated mixtures that uses the Knudsen diffusion transport mechanism.
- New lithium-air battery example tutorial.
- Li-Ion Battery Impedance simulation app.
- New multiphysics interfaces for Particle-Field and Fluid-Particle Interaction.
- You can now specify particle release by importing a text file containing this information.
- Save models in Visual Basic® (VBA) code.